“Now hiring, chief executive officer.” That’s a job ad you’re not likely to see.
It’s seldom that you’ll find higher ranking vacancies offered to outsider applicants, and for very good reasons. For most companies, promoting talent that they already have, instead of looking elsewhere for professionals to fill in higher places, is the best route for successful accomplishment of duties and responsibilities. But there’s much more to internal promotion than just that. Find out why you should choose to promote instead of getting new talent by checking out these three reasons.
- Comprehensive Understanding of Company Goals and Objectives – One of the most difficult things to deal with when you’re hiring new talent is the alignment of your goals with theirs. Often, new hires won’t completely understand your company’s mission and objectives, which is particularly detrimental for your entire workforce if you’re hiring someone to fill in a higher ranking vacancy. It’s possible that they might misguide their subordinates and finalize decisions that don’t lead towards the same company goal. Promoting one of your own to fill in a higher spot could eliminate that problem, especially if they’ve been with you for a while.
- Employee Retention and Engagement – Even if you’re only promoting one from your pool of talent, you’re likely to keep the fire of motivation burning in the rest of your workforce. Seeing one of their own being plucked out and propped up on a higher seat in the company’s organizational structure gives hope to a lot of others. Knowing that it’s a possibility for one brings life to the idea that it’s a possibility for all. In many companies, a typical employee engagement score calculation reveals that opportunity for career growth is one of the top reasons for continued engagement. And proving to your workers that you provide that chance will keep them ambitious and motivated.
- Shorter Learning Curve – New hires have a lot to learn, regardless of whether or not they’ve had experience with other companies. That’s because your enterprise might perform certain tasks and duties in your own unique way that might not be known to many people on the outside. By promoting instead of hiring, you can expect a shorter learning curve, especially if you choose an employee who excels at what they do and who has observed how higher ranking jobs have been done in the past.
There is power to internal promotion, so don’t put out those job vacancy ads just yet. Sift through your pool of talent and see who might be ripe for the picking. Rise your employees through the ranks and watch your company grow to success along with them.
For a lot of business owners, employee turn-over is one of the most daunting problems to deal with. All on its own, finding the right workers can be a seriously challenging task. Throw in the chance of having your hired and trained individuals abandon ship just when things run smoothly, and you’re in for a hassle. Making sure that all of your employees – from your top executives, all the way down to rank and file – are happy, satisfied, and motivated is one of the most important and fruitful things you can do as an employer. But how exactly does one go about motivating and encouraging employees to bring their creativity and innovative minds to life? These four effective ways might just be the answer.
- Team Bonding – According to recent statistics, people who are genuinely happy with their jobs owe their satisfaction not to their salary, but to the friendly and nurturing nature of the workforce they’re a part of. The best way to encourage camaraderie, friendship, and bonding among your workers would be to plan a team bonding experience for them every once in a while. It doesn’t have to be expensive! A team bonding in Singapore, is a great opportunity that offers serious fun for your specific budget.
- Performance-Based Incentives – There are more than a handful of employers who base their incentives on outcomes, sales, and production. While outcome-based incentives might seem reasonable and practical, you might also want to look into performance-based ones. Because no one really controls the behavior of clients and consumers, there really is no guarantee that a person will make a purchase even if your employees give their hundred percent. Instead of measuring success based on outcomes, consider looking into performance. Award those
who give their best, even if that doesn’t necessarily translate to profits.
- Team Huddle – What happens after the work shift is over? Do your people just go about their own way, talking among themselves in small groups? Why not make use of that short amount of time to huddle up and summarize the day? Common practice among lots of the most successful businesses to date is the after shift huddle. It’s during this time that team leaders, managers, or bosses talk to their people to realign goals, summarize the day’s work, and offer small corrections for an even better performance the next day.
- Annual Awarding Ceremony – Everyone loves being recognized for their efforts, so leverage that for your workforce. Every year, host an awarding ceremony where you provide your employees with small trophies, medals, or certificates to recognize their efforts all throughout the year. For instance, you can provide best attendance awards, best in sales, or even best in corporate outfits! Get creative and make it fun to give your workforce a yearly celebration they can truly look forward to.
Keep your workers happy, satisfied, and constantly striving for the best. Consider these four smart and easy ways to help nurture them in a workplace that really encourages employees to shine and perform.
If your man is like any other guy on the planet, he probably doesn’t like spending too much time in front of the mirror. For as grooming-crazy our generation has become, men’s routines still fall closer to the minimalist end of the scale. You might have tried to get your guy to slather on a few other products at the start of the day, but ended up watching those purchases gather dust on his dresser. If you want to level up his grooming routine without costing him too much time, these 6 time-saving gift ideas should be the perfect presents for the coming holidays.
- 2-in-1 Shampoo and Body Wash – Yes, even just squeezing out two different products from different bottles seems to be a major inconvenience for a lot of guys. It’s likely that your man has tried using a bar of soap for his hair just so he could skip out on reaching for his shampoo. That’s why the best shampoo for men is the one that gets rid of the hassle. Your guy will appreciate a 2-in-1 shampoo and body wash that works to nourish hair and keep skin clean and healthy at the same time. This will eliminate the need to use multiple products during bath time without sacrificing skin or hair health.
- Beard Oil and After Shave – Even if your guy likes a close shave, it’s important to nourish beard hair so that it doesn’t look too tangled and unruly when it grows out. Instead of applying an after shave and beard oil separately, make use of a beard oil and after shave cream or balm to speed up the process.
- Deo and Cologne – The reason a lot of guys cake on their deo is when sweat starts to churn, it will work up a stink. For double measure, your guy might also spray on some cologne right before he walks out the door. Get him a two-in-one cologne and deo spray to make the process faster and to eliminate the strange concoction of manly scents that might flow through your home in the morning.
- Hydrating Face Scrub – No matter how many times you may have told your guy to moisturize, it’s likely that he never listened. To make sure he still gets the right hydration throughout the day, get him a hydrating face scrub that cleans, exfoliates, and moisturizes skin for a healthy and nourished look and feel.
- Pomade and Hair Sunblock – A lot of the hair gel and pomades in the market don’t really take scalp care into consideration. Sure, they might hold your guy’s hair in place. But if they put his scalp at risk, then you’d probably have to find him something else to use. A pomade and hair sunblock combination product will help nourish his delicate scalp, protect it against the harsh sun, and keep his hair looking pristine and perfect throughout the day.
- Multi-purpose Nail Tool – We’ve all struggled to get our guy’s hands looking at least like they’ve been groomed by a human. If your man always complains that there are way too many tools and trinkets involved in the nail grooming process, get him a multi-purpose nail tool that combines a clipper, a filer, a cuticle pusher, and a cleaner all rolled into one convenient pocket-friendly tool. This way, he won’t have any more excuses to let those nails grow more than they should.
Make a compromise with your man by giving him the full grooming experience without having to eat up his precious time. Be sure to grab these gifts and bundle them together for a memorable Christmas treat he’ll be grateful for many years to come.
Your local farmers market could be the best place to find fresh picks every day, but it’s not always the most comfortable place to go shopping. Elbowing other buyers through crowded markets can be a major inconvenience, especially during hours of the day when produce is the freshest. Luckily, there are ways you can bypass that process while still getting your hands on the best vegetables and fruits your money can buy. These days, it has become common practice for a lot of people to buy fresh veggies online, mainly because it eliminates the troubling marketplace experience. If you want to learn how to become a savvy online vegetable shopper, these three tips should show you how.
- Ask Your Trusted Seller – There’s probably that one retailer or seller in your local market that you trust more than anyone else when it comes to the quality and price of the produce you buy. Sometimes, these retailers have small e-commerce websites or home delivery services that they can offer, so you can enjoy fresh picks delivered to your doorstep whenever you need them. Ask them if they offer these options, and if not, you can inquire about whether they know any reliable and safe merchants that sell vegetables online. They’ll most likely refer a business or two worth checking out.
- Know Who to Call – Unscrupulous sellers litter the web, waiting to fool the next unsuspecting buyer into purchasing products that either don’t meet standards or don’t exist at all. Aside from doing your research and reading up on reviews about the retailer you’re hoping to transact with, you should also know who you should call or contact in case you become the victim of a scam. In Singapore, you can either lodge a complaint online or file a fraud report through your local government unit.
- Understand Prices and Trends – The prices for vegetables and fruits often fluctuate throughout the year, depending on demand and the process of sourcing them. For instance, during the holidays, fruits for fruit basket arrangements become much more in demand for gift giving purposes, so retailers have the liberty to increase prices. Before you make a purchase, be sure to check the current price for the produce you’re buying. If there’s too much of a disparity, proceed with caution or look for a different retailer all together.
Buying vegetables online can be very convenient, but that doesn’t mean you can go ahead and make a purchase without taking the steps of a smart shopper. Be sure to get nothing but the best produce when you shop online by taking note of these three tips.