Wash, rinse, repeat. If this was your skincare routine this past year, it’s time to up the ante. Pollution and contaminants are at an all-time high and now more than ever, our skin is more susceptible to damage caused by harsh sun and toxins in the environment. Unfortunately, the skincare regimen you’ve been following probably isn’t powerful enough to combat all of those harmful elements. If you’re ready to develop a skincare routine that really works, be sure to put these 5 beauty products in your cart when you head out for post-holiday shopping.
1. Overnight Facial Masks – Whether it’s mud or a cloth mask, there’s no going wrong with adding an overnight facial mask to your routine. The body works overtime at night while you sleep, doing its best to make sure damaged cells are renewed, and dead cells cleared out. Of course, your body can only do so much. If it doesn’t have the right tools for the job, it might not be able to come up with the best outcomes. Aiding the process with dermatologist-approved facial masks will help double the results and make your skin brighter every morning.
2. Tightening Cream – For those who have yet to experience aging, there is very little emphasis placed on tightening and toning the skin. But what many don’t realize is that keeping the skin taut and smooth in later years relies on the efforts made in present times. Be sure to invest in an effective tightening cream or lotion and slather it on generously to keep your skin smooth, flawless, and youthful today and tomorrow.
3. Oil Film – Stop dabbing your face with tissue when you sense there’s too much oil building up. Invest in a product that’s designed for the cause. Buy oil film from your local grocery store or pharmacy and keep it in tote throughout the day. Pull one out at lunch time right before you head back to the office and blot out any excess oil that may have accumulated along the creases and planes of your face. This will help reduce the chances of developing blemishes and will eliminate that unsightly shine that we all hate seeing.
4. All Purpose Aloe Cream – Instead of buying lots of multiple bottles of lotion for the different parts of your body, consider buying a single tub of all purpose skin cream infused with aloe for maximum smoothness and convenience. Aloe is known to contain proteolytic enzymes, which are responsible for repairing dead or damaged skin cells. Constant and frequent application of aloe over the skin will make it healthier and nourished, for a flawless and radiant glow. Simply take a handful before bedtime and rub it all over your body generously. You can also take a small amount to rub over your arms and hands while you’re out and about, to give your skin a little extra midday boost.
5. Sunscreen – This is something many people forget, but always a top priority for any skin expert. Harsh sunlight and UV rays can seriously damage skin, as these harmful rays can penetrate into the deeper layers where immature skin cells lie. When this happens, the cells are damaged, making them prone to appear unhealthy and blemished as they’re pushed to the surface. Compromised skin is also prone to disease and serious skin conditions because of its reduced capacity to protect the body. By generously applying sunscreen before you head out, you can provide your skin an extra layer of protection which will reflect harmful rays and eliminate the odds of sun damage.
Face the New Year with reinvigorated skin. Be sure to buy these 5 beauty product must-haves before the year ends to give yourself a head start in time for 2017.