If you’ve been wanting to lose weight but have started to feel hopeless for not getting that figure you’ve been dying to have, then it’s the time to try out this simple and effective way of shedding those pounds―the lemonade water detox diet.
Proven to be safe and effective, the Lemonade Master Cleanse diet has gained so much success as confirmed by several US celebrities such as Beyonce, Anne Hathaway, Salma Hayek, and Gwyneth Paltrow (read story here: http://www.shape.com/celebrities/celebrity-photos/detox-and-cleanse-diets-should-you-try-these-popular-celeb-diets) in losing weight by using this diet. This natural way of achieving a slender and healthier body was introduced by Stanley Burroughs in 1940. It is one of the common ways to efficiently help people shed excess fat within a few weeks by flushing out the toxins in the body.
Preparing your body
For those who are serious about going into this strict diet program, it is recommended to undergo necessary preparations for your body. Experts advise going into a vegetarian diet before the master cleanse detox diet for a smoother transition of the body system. Those who are regular coffee and soda drinkers are also advised to gradually reduce intake before starting the diet.
How does it work?
The lemonade master cleanse detox program allows only specific liquid intake for ten days. After toxins have been flushed out from the body, certain foods can already be reintroduced.
From Day 1-10, you should take:
- Morning salt water flush (has to be taken first thing every morning and on an empty stomach)
- 2 teaspoons (not tablespoons) of non-iodized salt
- Full quart of lukewarm water
- Master Cleanse lemonade mixture (6 to12 10oz glasses per day)
- 2 tbsp lemon or lime juice (preferably freshly squeezed)
- 2 tbsp pure Grade B maple syrup (molasses and agave nectar are good substitutes and please don’t use artificially flavored syrups)
- 1/10 tsp of cayenne pepper (powder form)
- 8 oz warm water (purified or spring)
- Nightly laxative tea (must be taken before going to bed)
- can be organic peppermint tea or any herbal laxative tea)\
After 10 days, you are allowed to add juice and vegetable soup in your daily food intake, and afterwards raw fruits and vegetables may also be eaten. Noticeably, people who continue this detox diet are expected to cut out meat and dairy products from their regular food program. At the same time, those who are undergoing this diet may need to avoid going to parties and events to help focus on the regimen and see the best results of losing a considerable amount of weight. If you follow this diet strictly, then you would definitely look good and feel good in just a matter of days.